To maximize social media distribution, understand your target audience and build your network. Ask these questions:
- Who are your social media readers? Specifically discover which platforms they frequent and when? Why do they use each network?
- By platform, what content do they seek and why do they want or need it? And, who do they follow on social media and who influences their decisions?
- When and where do they check social media? Specially determine their physical location and device.
Test a variety of platforms to determine which ones yield the best results for your business! Consistently showing up, participating and sharing matters.
You don’t need to use every aspect of a specific social media site. The major players offer a variety of content and participation models.
- Facebook offers Business Pages, Facebook Groups, and Facebook Live
- Twitter offers TwitterChats
- LinkedIn offers Business Pages, LinkedIn Groups, LinkedIn Pulse and Slideshare
- Instagram offers IGTV
- Google+ (Yes it still works. Additionally I’ve heard this from promotion experts.)
- Pinterest (Use it as a visual search engine.)
- YouTube (Use it as a video search engine.)