Open Houses…..Now is the time to along with marketing your listings, to hold Open Houses. What exactly do you accomplish at an Open House? You are allowing prospective Buyers to view the house and the neighborhood…to see if this is the area they wish to live in. There are several aspects that you need to discuss with your homeowners prior to an Open House:
1. You need to make sure that there is nothing of value, such as small items, jewelry, art objects that could be picked up and taken by prospective buyers.
2. You need to have someone with you at the open house in case you have multiple people coming at once.
3. You need to be concerned with security for your personal safety, as isolated incidents do happen.
4. You need to have lots of information for the prospects to take with them if they so choose.
5. You need to have a sign-in sheet so the prospects can leave their information and you can follow-up.
6. Lastly, it is nice to have small bottles of water as our weather is very hot and humid and it is very welcoming to hand out.
And don’t forget your Open House signs and balloons (where allowed) are a nice touch to draw attention to your listing.
Check out the HUGE Open House Showcase we are having in South Florida… The MIAMI Association of Realtors (MIAMI) is organizing South Florida’s biggest open house showcase during the region’s busiest 10 days of the year, Feb. 14-24. MIAMI expects more than 2,000 properties at every price range to host open houses in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Martin counties. More than $1 billion in houses and condos are participating. View listings: www.SouthFloridaOpenHouseSearch.com
Good luck, be prepared and be good to each other.
…Until Next Monday