Consistent Content Defined
Do you regularly send newsletters or other form of content to your addressable audience?
Also referred to as cyclical or recurring content, consistent content is information that you publish weekly or every other week that resonates with your readers.
Consistent content has 5 traits that make it easy to create on a regular basis:
- Focused on a specific topic. Uses a pre-established content hook that doesn’t change over time.
- Structured the same way. Has a reliable architecture for authors and readers. This uniform approach makes the information easy-to-create and consume. Because they’re moderate length pieces, readers can quickly scan the content to decide on reading it or not.
- Published on a regular schedule. As a result, provides predictability (in a good way!) Readers know who, what, when, where and how content will be published. Over time, this builds up your share of audience attention. It’s the digital version of appointment media.
- Formatted consistently. Uses the same media format (audio, video, or webinar) each time. As a result, you know your audience likes this content.
- Created by the same author(s). Provides a reliable voice. Further, it builds an expectation for both the writer and the reader.