I am ranting and raving again! I just went to show one of my listings that I had confirmed with the other agent via email and just thought I would call to re-confirm…and of course the other agent said, “Oh my customer has found another house”. I almost lost it but tried desperately to be civil and asked if she knew what professional courtesy was? Of course the reply was: well you only confirmed by email, not phone. And I replied: but you made the appointment via email. I guess she needed a personal phone call.
What is professional courtesy in today’s world? I guess I learned a different way. To me, professional courtesy is:
1. Calling if you are running late for an appointment.
2. Calling if your customer cancels, even if it is at the last moment.
3. Returning phone calls…oh that’s a new one!
4. Thank you emails, notes, etc.
5. Doing unto others as you would want them to do unto you.
Professional Courtesy….something we all need to think about!
Please, let’s be good to each other…Let’s be REALTORS
Until next Monday…