The Baby Boomers are labeled as such because right after WWII there was a boom in births. After the war, there was a great optimism in America and a period of affluence. This prosperity was evident in suburban living. Land was plentiful and homes were larger than apartment living. It was more conducive to larger families.
- Boomers are considered non-conformists as they led the protest against the Vietnam war, liberal expression of sexuality, women’s rights and various other liberal causes.
- The Boomers had more discretionary income than other generations.
- Credit cards were introduced so you didn’t have to save any more.
- Community involvement was encouraged.
- Personal gratification was prevalent during this time.
Boomers are now headed for retirement!
Until Next Monday…