Does anyone ever read anymore? Sounds like a silly question doesn’t it, especially since you’re reading this post! Here’s why I’m asking that simple question: When a property is entered into the MLS, you are supposed to give a description of the property…notice I said “supposed to”. I guess it is not written any where in any rule or policy that you have to write a “description” or as we were taught: paint a picture with your words. But then again when some REALTORS describe the property…they tend to take vague liberties with the written word.
I have decided to interpret some of the descriptions – please, no laughing out loud:
- Handyman special = this property is totally trashed!
- Needs TLC = close to being totally trashed!
- Partially updated = means a new door.
- Like new kitchen = renovated 10 years ago.
- Oh here is a good one….No Pets… you get calls about dogs, trained cats, birds etc., What is it about no pets that prompts everyone that has a customer with a pet?
Oh I could go on and on. I guess when we get a listing, we tend to go overboard to glamorize it, when if we just told the truth, it will still sell.
Let’s be good to each other…let’s be REALTORS
Until Next Monday,